FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FOR THOSE THAT LIKE TO KNOW
Honest answers to good questions...
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS?
Saponified Victorian Virgin Olive Oil (Saponified is the process that turns oils to soap that we do by hand)
Saponified Coconut Oil
Saponified Castor Oil
Pure Essential Oils
YES!... THEY ARE ALL NATURAL
No inferior derivatives, pure whole ingredients
No Palm Oil
Vegan, No animal fats
Essential Oil combinations are both therapeutic and effective for cleaning
Optional Grey Water Safe Formula without sodium
HOW CAN I USE DR PLANET
Dr Planet can be used in the following ways;
1 Body and Face Wash
3 Lather and use as Shaving Cream
4 Foot Soak
5 Washing Machine
6 Hand Wash and Spot Clean Clothes
7 Dishwashing Liquid
8 Dishwasher Liquid (yes, Dr Planet can go in the dishwasher!)
9 Fruit and Veg Wash
10 Dilute to make a surface spray
12 Toilet Cleaner
13 Car Wash
14 Pet Wash
15 Pest Spray
WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT LIQUID CASTILE?
Made from Only Natural Ingredients
No Palm Oil
Australian and Locally Made
REUSABLE, RECYCLABLE AND LESS PACKAGING!!!
WHAT ABOUT PACKAGING?!!
ALL packaging is BPA FREEE and RECYCLABLE at the end of its life.
We have many retail stores that provide refill stations. Refer to our stockist's pages
Should you like your favourite store to have a convenient Dr Planet refill station for you, just give a shout out and we are happy to get in touch to help this happen.
We also love supplying in bulk so you can fill your own bottles at home.
Refer to our Return 2 Refill Programme in the menu at the top of the site.
IS IT ECONOMICAL?
Dr Planet is a concentrate and a little bit goes a very long way.
After conducting extensive market research before bringing Dr Planet to you it was unanimous amongst all those surveyed that 500mls (half a litre) will last a household of 4 to 5 people 1 week when used exclusively in the kitchen, laundry, bathroom and on the body.
The average portion for a load of laundry or dishes is 20ml, sometimes less.
That is per 500mls, there are 25 portions. Just over 3 weeks of laundry with a load a day!
PRICE COMPARISON BASED ON A HOUSEHOLD OF FOUR
Popular and eco brands home and body products average spend per month:
$115 TO $140
Dr Planet average spend per month:
(Based on 2 Litres per month / 500mls per week @ $16.95 per bottle. As you increase your purchase quantity, you decrease your cost. That is true for everyone, including us)
AT THIS PRICE DR PLANET CAN BE SPLASHED AROUND FREELY AND HAPPILY.
500mls of Dr Planet will last a household of 4 to 5 people 1 week based on;
Hand washing in kitchen sink 2 x a day
Dishwasher 1 x load a day,
Laundry 1 x load a day,
Hair wash hair twice a week per person,
Body wash 1 x day per person,
Toilet cleaner 2 x a week,
Shower cleaner 1 x a week,
Mopping 1 x week,
Surface Spray 1 x 500ml spray bottle formula used throughout the week,
Pet wash 1 x week
Of course, this varies for all of us as some of us may prefer to keep using our usual shampoo or laundry powder etc
I have recommended Dr Planet to be used in easy and convenient measurements of 20ml pumps of the 500ml bottles.
These instructions are on the label:
10 pumps per dishwasher load (optional: 1 tablespoon Washing Soda/Bicarb)
10 pumps per washing machine load (optional: 1 tablespoon Washing Soda/Bicarb for whites and linens)
10 pumps per 500mls water for Surface Spray
This is my guide however, you have complete freedom and safety to choose how much you use and what applications you choose Dr Planet for! As it is non-toxic it is completely safe for you use as is your preference!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES AND ADVANTAGES?
1. Dr Planet has a rich, thick consistency. It lathers beautifully but does not foam up as much as commercial products. No toxic foaming agents here!
2. Dr Planet does not work well on some coloured hair. The treatment of coloured hair requires a more specialised shampoo. However, with un-treated hair, especially children’s hair Dr Planet gives a fresh, clean wash with the olive oil and essential oils working their nourishing magic. Regarding coloured hair, we do have a hairdresser who uses Dr Planet in her salon, particularly for clients with sensitive scalps.
3. As per the label, we sell and recommend adding washing soda to the dishwasher and occasionally the washing machine. This is a non-toxic boost for extra grease cutting and cleaning. Very good for whites and linens.
4. Dr Planet is an excellent clothes spot cleaning option. Simply squirt a pump of Dr Planet on a spot, rub together with water and/or washing soda and watch the magic! Our kids give us every opportunity to test Dr Planet with food stains, play stains and even blood and Dr Planet does a great job on all without having to cover our own hands in harsh chemicals when we clean.
5. Even if you prefer some of your usual cleaning products and Dr Planet replaces only some of your items, you are still way ahead with this economical, natural and less packaged option.
6. Salt and grey water. Should you have your garden connected to a grey water system we can easily make Dr Planet for you without salt. It will have all it’s great cleaning power and delicious scent however the consistency will be more liquid than a gel. Simply get in touch as we make this to order.
7. No palm oil!
WHERE DO THE INGREDIENTS COME FROM?
Australian Victorian Olive Oil ONLY, I go through a supplier who can buy in bulk from various Victorian Olive Groves.
The Coconut Oil is from Malaysia and the Castor Oil is from India.
Australian suppliers of these oils do not exist. And combined these oils make up less than 10% of the total Dr Planet Formula. We have chosen these oils for their ability to create some lather and offer stability for the pure essential oils used.